Home   |   LCS Prints Store   |   About Me   |   FAQ   

Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm In. How About You?

Just want to let you all know about a fun writing prompt/contest. Suzy Hayes at The Diary of a Lost Witch posted a picture and is looking for flash fiction related to it.  To show her gratitude for the writing success she's had this year, she's offering three prizes...and they are good ones, folks.

Suzy's novel, THE WITCH OF LITTLE ITALY will be published in April 2013 by Saint Martins Press AND the novel she wrote with Loretta Nyhan, I'LL BE SEEING YOU, was bought by MIRA books.

I'll just add that Suzy was one of Middle Passages' earliest regular readers and I wrote my first ever piece of fiction for a contest she co-sponsored.  She offered me tremendous support and writing validation and helped me muscle myself onto to the path I'm traveling today.  Congratulations Suzy! 

Once it is all said and done, I'll post my entry on Middle Passages.  In the meantime, click on over and join the fun.


8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If I wasn't in the middle of edits...

Bish Denham said...

Sounds like a good one.

Unknown said...

Thank you Liza!

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow! Thanks Liza, thanks Suzy for the opportunity!! Will put my creative cap on and see what I come up with! I may not come up with anything, mind but I shall try! Good luck to everyone entering! Yay! Take care
x

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Wish I had time for this. Have fun.

Unknown said...

Wow, best of luck to Suzy! I'll definitely hop over and check it ... :-)

Old Kitty said...

Lovely Liza!! I just whipped something up and am posting my entry too - thanks so much for the heads up!!! Yay!! GOOD LUCK!!

Take care
x

Robin said...

In another lifetime, I worked for St. Martin's Press. Congrats Suzy. I still haven't touched my WIP in months. I really need a kick in the pants.